Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- The Fable REPL has been updated
- WebSharper 4.1.1 is released
- Fs Marbles – Interactive diagrams of Fs Collections
- Microsoft unveils Project Brainwave for real-time AI
- PowerShell Core 6.0: Generally Available (GA) and Supported!
- .NET Core January 2018 Update
- .NET Framework 4.7.1 is available on Windows Update, WSUS and MU Catalog!
- .NET Framework January 2018 Security and Quality Rollup
In 2018-19 I’m excited to be continuing my F# language design, compiler and tools work while on secondment from Microsoft Research to the Xamarin team mobile+cloud tooling team https://t.co/HOT1qb4LMW .
— Don Syme (@dsyme) January 8, 2018
Videos & Slides
Hey everyone! It’s time our annual developer survey—the world’s largest and most comprehensive! https://t.co/d0n7YcDSkQ
— Joel Spolsky (@spolsky) January 8, 2018
Reply if you are a contributor of an OSS project (no matter how big it is), and are up for mentoring a person to help them through their first PR.
Let’s give this tweet some visibility.
— Lena Hall (@lenadroid) January 13, 2018
- Smashing the Myth: Why You Must Learn F# – Even If You Aren’t Writing Rocket Science Apps – Aaron Erickson
- Go is my gateway drug – Peter Aba
- Memoizing Counting Change in F# – Tom Prior
- Password-less authentication with WebSharper.OAuth – Loïc Denuzière
- A simple OAuth application – Loïc Denuzière
- Token Bearer Authentication in Freya – Michael Newton
- Troubleshooting compiled Azure Functions in F# – Szymon Warda
- Marquee Documentation – Jeremy Bellows
- FP public code review (#1) – Peter Aba
- F# people, please comment and vote for _.Prop/_.Meth() syntax
- New ideas:
Very excited to announce: For the next 2 years, Don Syme @dsyme from Microsoft Research will be with the Xamarin team on an assignment to help us make F# better for mobile and cloud users. Don will be continuing his F# language design and compiler work as a major part of this.
— Miguel de Icaza (@migueldeicaza) January 8, 2018
Hey #fsharp users in Europe – I’d like to hear more about how you use F# for your work! My DMs are open, and my email is phcart at microsoft dot com.
— Phillip Carter (@_cartermp) January 8, 2018
Im official announcing my office hours in the Compiler Channel of the FSSF Slack! #fsharp
I’m talking and discussing about the F# compiler and it’s techniques, collect feedback and try to push it back onto a blog. Moreover I try to pick up a topic each time so it won’t get boring!
— Victor P. R. Müller (@realvictorprm) January 9, 2018
Open source projects
- FSRazor – F# Parser & Code Generator for Razor View Engine
- Marquee – An open source Selenium based UI automation library inspired by canopy
- FsMarbles – Learn, build, and test F# functions on Collections
- CzechElection – FSharping Sample App
The Fable REPL has been updated, check it out! Integration with Monaco (VS Code), error highlighting on the fly, autocompletion and tooltips, everything happening right in your browser (this is a true “serverless” app) https://t.co/BRDz9BfaRA
— Fable (@FableCompiler) January 5, 2018
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #1